Still Life: Analysis
Estudio de Naturaleza Muerta, Saignon, Luberon. Francia
Still Life Study, Saignon, Luberon. France.
|A dream within a dream
Take this kiss upon the brow!
And, in parting from you now,
Thus much let me avow
You are not wrong, who deem
That my days have been a dream;
Yet if hope has flown away
In a night, or in a day,
In a vision, or in none,
Is it therefore the less gone?
All that we see or seem
Is but a dream within a dream.
I stand amid the roar
Of a surf-tormented shore,
And I hold within my hand
Grains of the golden sand
How few! yet how they creep
Through my fingers to the deep,
While I weep while I weep!
O God! can I not grasp
Them with a tighter clasp?
O God! can I not save
One from the pitiless wave?
Is all that we see or seem
But a dream within a dream?
Edgard Allan Poe
Un sueño dentro de un sueño
¡Toma este beso en tu frente!
Y, en el momento de abandonarte,
déjame confesarte lo siguiente:
no te equivocas cuando consideras
que mis días han sido un sueño;
y si la esperanza se ha desvanecido
en una noche o en un día,
en una visión o fuera de ella,
¿es por ello menos ida?
Todo lo que vemos o parecemos
no es más que un sueño en un sueño.
Yo permanezco en el rugido
de una ribera atormentada por las olas,
y aprieto en la mano
granos de arena de oro.
¡Qué pocos y cómo se escurren
entre mis dedos al abismo,
mientras lloro, mientras lloro!
¡Oh Dios!, ¿no puedo yo estrecharlos
con más ceñido puño?
¡Oh, Dios!, ¿no puedo salvar
ni uno, de la despiadada ola?
¿Todo lo que vemos o parecemos
no es más que un sueño dentro de un sueño?
Edgard Allan Poe
© RICARDO BAEZ-DUARTE 2011
Copyright © RICARDO BAEZ DUARTE
© Copyright RICARDO BAEZ DUARTE
Previous posts in Still Life: Analysis
- Hojas Vivas (April 25th, 2010)
- At Clemen's (February 18th, 2010)
- Apples: allways full of life (October 4th, 2009)
- Domestic still life (July 19th, 2009)
- A still life , charm and simplicity (July 19th, 2009)
- Still life with Bottles (June 13th, 2009)
- Nocturnal still life (August 30th, 2008)
- Fruits (August 18th, 2008)
- My book "Voir" (February 16th, 2008)
- Portrait of a bottle (December 9th, 2007)
- Trio (December 9th, 2007)
- Quartet (November 21st, 2007)
- Cyanotipe: still life with bottles (October 26th, 2007)
- Cuatro vasos (October 24th, 2007)
- Le petit audience (August 18th, 2007)
- Le peit audience: detail (August 17th, 2007)
- Still life:A peculiar vision (August 8th, 2007)
- A pair of pears (July 7th, 2007)
- The language of flowers (May 21st, 2007)
- Still life (April 30th, 2007)
- From China (December 31st, 2006)
- Still life: clay (October 30th, 2006)
- Sopera en penumbra (October 12th, 2006)
- Flores de Marisol (September 22nd, 2006)
- Still Life with bananas (August 11th, 2006)
- Still Life: Sabaneta (2) (July 30th, 2006)
- Still Life: Sabaneta (July 30th, 2006)
- The Invitation (June 21st, 2006)
- The window at night #11 (May 10th, 2006)
- Troubled (May 7th, 2006)
- Quartet (May 3rd, 2006)
- Life is a precious gift in spite of all tragedies (April 16th, 2006)
- Gloomy sun-day (April 4th, 2006)
- Study in complemetaries (March 24th, 2006)
- Margaritas: beyond chance and necessity (March 12th, 2006)
- First meditation (March 11th, 2006)
- Second meditation (March 11th, 2006)
- Third Mediatation (March 11th, 2006)
- For ever (March 9th, 2006)
- The heart of a women (March 5th, 2006)
- Jarra y pimientos (February 26th, 2006)
- Taza y pimentones (February 26th, 2006)
- Pots and cup (February 13th, 2006)
- Still life with wood boxes (February 6th, 2006)
- Lone apple (II) (February 4th, 2006)
- Lone apple (February 4th, 2006)
- Still Life: analysis (3) (February 3rd, 2006)
- Still Life: analysis (2) (February 3rd, 2006)
- Still Life: analysis (February 3rd, 2006)
- Still life: analysis (1) (February 2nd, 2006)